Monday, October 1, 2007

Almost time to go south

I leave for my big trip south tomorrow morning at 4:00 am. While the world sleeps, I'll be standing in a customs line wondering if they'll be nice to me or strip search me. Just joking, I've never been stripped searched - for if that ever happened, I'd never go any where ever again.

Tonight Gordon was collecting all my travel insurance papers. As he carried them to me he said, "now this insurance doesn't cover anything related to psychiatric conditions, so just keep your mouth shut about all those problems."

Deborah just came out of her bedroom saying, "Mom, how do you spell 'yall'?" Evidently she's making something for a southern relative and trying to speak their language. My kids are struggling bilinguals.

Perhaps by the time anyone reads this I will have laid my eyes on my grandson Roman for the first time. If you read this sooner than that, please pray for me tomorrow. The day will be dreadfully long. Edmonton to Toronto to Dallas to Northern Arkansas. I'm too old to enjoy that kind of day.

Labels: ,