Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Chocolates for Breakfast

As I wrote Lexie's lingerie experience, I remembered my own embarrassing lingerie story. It's not as good as Lexie's but it happened when I was young, stupid, and profoundly easily embarrassed.

My mother-in-law had given me a lovely pair of soft pink silk pajamas for Christmas. They were a little big. My sister-in-law Brenda and I went to Ft Smith the next week to make some Christmas returns and such. My pajamas came from a lovely little lingerie store called Chocolates for Breakfast.

It turned out that Chocolates for Breakfast was quite the happening place. There were a number of people there; I assume it was a sale. There were even men in the store - I don't know if they were just tagging along with their wives or if they were shopping, all I know is that they were men.

That I was in this store with men was more than I was comfortable with. It was a very tasteful store, but there was this small section of "marital aids." I didn't know what I was looking at because I didn't know what "marital aids" were. I recall holding a leopard looking piece of fur wondering what it was. Brenda, older, wiser, and more worldly-wise, educated me, the country bumpkin, that it was for the man to wear. I don't remember screaming, but I may have screamed as I threw it.

I wanted to look around, but honestly, I felt dirty looking at underwear and such in the presence of men. It seemed wrong. So I wondered between the racks of things as discreetly as I knew how. I stopped occasionally and touched things so I could give the impression I was comfortable. Unfortunately my efforts to look at ease and comfortable were successful. I remember precisely the man that was nearest me. It was because of him I was trying to look mature, casual, and unaffected by his presence.

A lady who worked there came up to me and boldly told me I was looking in the wrong size. She looked at my boobs and then, I promise I am telling the truth, grabbed both boobs like they were oranges and told me what size I needed.

I felt soooooooooooooooooooo violated. I was horribly humiliated. All of this happened right beside that man.

Labels: