Tuesday, December 18, 2007

period

Tonight I laid beside Rachael in her bed and we swapped a few stories. She told me one from grade 4 that I don't remember hearing before. Her teacher began a language arts lesson by asking who could define a period. Rachael knew because we'd had the talk. She bravely raised her hand and when called on said, "It's when you become a woman because now you bleed every month and can have babies."

Mrs Hetland replied without any hesitation, "Actually it's a dot at the end of a sentence."

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous *mindi* said...

oh my goodness! that is hilarious :) i would have been soooo embarrassed. did she say if it embarrassed her or was she too young to realize?

December 19, 2007 at 9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

she was so embarrassed that I didn't know a thing about it till last night. lots of kids laughed at her. v

December 19, 2007 at 11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

accutually i cupped my head in my crossed arms on the desk and didnt raise my head for a long time

Rachael

December 30, 2007 at 10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home