Monday, December 17, 2007

Tag of 8

I got tagged by Mindi . Please accept my partial list.

8 passions in my life:

1. my hubby Gordon
2. my 5 children and Romie Boy
3. prayer
4. writing
5. reading
6. orderliness
7. my doggies, Bear and Lucy
8. my home

8 things to do before I die:

on a different day, I'm sure I could think of eight, but right now I'm just trying to take a day at a time.

8 things I often say:
1. Come on Hannah, we need to leave. (Hannah's always dilly-dawdling.)
2. Deborah do you have socks on?
3. Have you brushed your teeth? (To Deborah)
4. Good Morning Beautiful. (To one of the girls)
5. Papa Bear, is that you? (When Gordon comes in the door and I know darn well it's him.)
6. I didn't ask if you wanted to. (My smart retort to "but I don't want to")
7. You're such a purty girl. (That's to Lucy.)
8. Arkansas (Whenever I leave the house, someone asks where I'm from.)

8 books I read recently:
1. Stillwatch
2. Weep No More My Lady
3. A Cry in the Night (all three of the above are by Mary Higgins Clark)
4. Run to the Mountains -- The Journals of Thomas Merton
5. Mount Vernon - A Love Story (about George and Martha Washington.
6. Blue Shoe by Anne Lamott
7. Kids are Worth It by Barbara Coloroso
8. Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller

8 songs that mean something to me:
1. Since my wedding day was such a painful fiasco, I'm planning a big 25th Anniversary Bash like a bride plans for her wedding. For my bash (you're all invited, May 2018) I like to choose love songs for the dance. Those songs I can get excited about.
2. The Story by Brandi Carlile
3. How Great Thou Art
4. My Jesus I Love Thee
5. Home by Rich Mullins
6. Deborah's Song
7. Hannah's Song (These are songs I wrote for these daughters)
8.

8 qualities I look for in a friend
1. humor
2. integrity
3. humor
4. integrity
5. humor
6. humor
7. integrity
8. humor

8 people I Tag:
1. Jones
2. Tonya Rimmer
3. Stacie
4. Mama
5. Jill
6. Stephanie
7. Susan
8. anyone else who wants to play

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous *mindi* said...

i'm glad you did this :)
have you heard brandi carlile's new christmas song? her myspace is here:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=16526200&MyToken=bb215f45-e0c7-468d-9ca6-941cc2415489

i think the first two songs in her "music player box" are from her new album. the christmas song makes me very very happy :)

December 18, 2007 at 12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great List - way to go I have worked on mine a little - almost ready to post it. I like your "Papa Bear!" After the speedo - should it be Beef Cake?
Lawana

December 18, 2007 at 8:29 PM  
Blogger Accidental Poet said...

Hey that's me! Gimme a day or two :)

December 18, 2007 at 11:13 PM  
Anonymous steph said...

Hey mom I want to reply, but I'm too tired from working last night. So expect a reply in a day or so. I love you and miss you'

steph

December 19, 2007 at 10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home