Thursday, December 27, 2007

Update

Merry Christmas. I hope all of you had wonderful celebrations. We did. Christmas is always fun, joyful, and exciting. But I'm always glad to get back to regular life. To recap our celebrations: On Christmas Eve we went to the service at church. When we got home we had a fondue supper, watched The Nativity Story, and ended the night with our stocking openings. It was a hoot.

Christmas morning came with kids whispering, "It's 9:05," at our bedroom door. Yes, everyone slept to 9:05. That was cool. So much better than the years of the girls coming into our bedroom at 5 and asking us to get up, which we never did. I think the earliest we ever got up was 7:30. After reading the Christmas story, we spent a couple hours opening gifts. It was a wonderful time.

Later in the day we had our big Christmas meal. We had an extra seat at the table. I wanted to go fetch a homeless person to join us, but the girls didn't want to do any such thing. So we sat in warm comfort eating a feast while some were huddled in boxes on the streets. I hope my kind thoughts and prayers for those people is worth something. But that heavy aside, it was a wonderful few days.

Gordon is off work till the 2nd and we've been enjoying the down time. I'm sorry I've not posted much lately. I have no excuse but my own lethargy. I'll try to do better. :)

(And just for fun, I'll add that I bought four 2008 Christmas presents today. I love gettin' a leg up on those things. Yeah!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home