Saturday, January 5, 2008

2008 goals

Baby Steps.
From 2007 I learned that baby steps are what make lasting change. I will take baby steps again in 2008. Most of the changes in 2007 were in the physical and environmental departments. For 2008 I need to focus more on relationships, especially with Gordon and the kids. The second area of focus will be physical activity.

Goals for 2008
- De-clutter more. I've recently realized that I have more seasonal decorations than I need. I can part with some fall and Christmas decorations and with other things in closets in the basement.
- Get a job. I really don't want to work retail, but retail has always worked with my scheduling needs. I'm going to try to find a job that isn't retail. Something new and improved.
- Spend an hour a week with my friend Colleen.
- Take the dogs to the off leash park on Thursday mornings with my friend Elaine.
- Take the dogs to the off leash park on Saturdays with Hannah and Deborah. (These off leash dates serve several purposes; strengthening relationships with these people, getting the dogs out where they can run like the wind, getting me into nature, getting me physical.) .
- Use Rosary Beads regularly for focusing me in prayer. (I'm not Catholic but I've found Rosary Beads beneficial in keeping me focused in prayer.)
- Join a dragon boat racing team.
- Get Rachael into drawing or cartooning lessons.
- Go for a walk in the river valley with Rachael once a week.
- Give up sugar for Lent.
- Mall walk once a week. Once the snow melts, move this walk outside.
- Reduce portion sizes at meal time.
- Finish New Testament reading.
- Lay with each girl at bedtime once a week.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous *mindi* said...

dragon boat racing team? what is that?

after all that walking, maybe you could make a little trek to Arkansas, like Forrest Gump? :-)

January 7, 2008 at 10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dragon boat racing is a chinese sport, basically row boating with about 15 others. the boats look like dragons. teams race. this is my second year to try to get on. i'm having a hard time finding a team that take novices, but i'm trying.
"all my walking" is actually only 4 walks a week. i have this dream to run in a 1/2 marathon once i've lost my bajillion pounds. i'm starting with walking the dogs. :-)) v

January 7, 2008 at 11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home