Thursday, January 17, 2008

false ads

As you may remember from this post, I've always wondered about those spam emails I get that say "increase your length by 5 to 6 inches...." When I wrote that post I felt a little sick revealing my own thoughts on the matter. However I have had a breakthrough and part of me feels so silly that I never figured this out and part of me feels I should alert everyone to the false advertisement.

My friend Elaine just phoned and asked what I was doing and I told her I was looking at a naked man on the Internet. She waited for the punchline, but there wasn't one. I really was looking at a naked man. His name was Herm.

Here is how I got acquainted with Herm. There were before and after pictures of Herm and I was vaguely familiar with both "poses." I am here to reveal the truth about those ads.

First let me say I did not open a spam/junk email. I know better than that. However this email came to my inbox not my spam/junk box. It was from Eli. Eli?, the only Eli I could think of was a youth minister at a former church. When I opened the email I wasn't thinking oh this is the guy with the 13 incher. No, I was thinking, why is Eli writing me and how did he get my email address?

So I opened the email from Pastor Eli and soon realized that this wasn't Pastor Eli. Now it's true once I opened the email I had to click a link but I still was moving just a mite slow in the brain. There was the word prick, but I thought a prick was a jerk. I didn't know a prick was an unmentionable. Let this be a lesson to you. So this is how I arrived at the website of these herbs that will increase length by 3 to 5 inches.

You are about to feel very manipulated. Okay, so here's the deal. The gain 3 to 5 inches is about erect versus un-erect. I felt so mislead. Here I've thought for years those ads were claiming to take an erection and add 3-5 inches, which always sounded impossible (and painful).

I can think of lots of ways to write that ad that are less misleading.

Did everyone but Stephanie and me get this? If so, why didn't anyone tell us? I ranted to my friend Elaine. She admitted she'd not given it much thought - she seemed concerned that I had - but she said that she too thought it was adding to an erect penis. It's false advertisement pure and simple. Don't be fooled. There are no 13-inchers.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for clearing that up for us. That was a courageous thing to do. Now we can all sleep better tonight.
Love
Mom

January 17, 2008 at 5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

uh, I to have wondered about this, but the advertisement seemed so clear and they are not suppose to print things that are not so, Right? do you think I can get a refund? I'm posting anonymous, just because how "embarrassed" i am -thanks for checking into this - as we ALL have wondered. Oh and Michael says "HellO'

January 17, 2008 at 8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell Michael hello from me. And by the way, who are you? I hope you take them to court for false advertisement Lawana.
v

January 17, 2008 at 8:56 PM  
Anonymous *mindi* said...

this explains so much.
"anonymous", i need a refund too, maybe we can combine shipping?

;-)

January 17, 2008 at 10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok everyone, I've been thinking about this some more -- I have no clue why. Now I'm wondering if the un-erect picture was an erect picture of poor Herm. perhaps his problem was that his erection was so small that it wasn't workable. Ohhh, I just don't know the truth. I thought I did but now I'm not sure. I wish Eli would write back so I could study this better and invite some helpers to analyze with me. don't quote me on anything. Maybe I was wrong. Any help with this would be appreciated. v

January 21, 2008 at 1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home