Monday, January 28, 2008

phone etiquette

Today my girls had poor telephone manners. I was frustrated with them all. Usually they are relatively polite. Today they were boars.

My new employer phoned twice and each time a child took the call. Later she sent an email saying it wasn't working trying to catch me at home. I felt she was intoning that my monkeys needed to be caged and kept off the phone.

But the clincher was when I saw a long distance number written on the white board. Nothing but a number. I ask who the number was for and Hannah said, "I dunno, someone for Dad." Who? "I dunno." Well what did they want? "Dad." What did they want Dad for? "To talk."

More than a little irritated, I asked, "Hannah do you realize what you've done? You've taken the number, but we have no idea who it is for. How is Daddy going to know who to call?"

Hannah furrowed her brow like she was surprised I didn't get it. "Just phone the number. That's who he's supposed to call."

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger The Koala Bear Writer said...

Ah yes, children and telephones... aren't they fun? :)

February 1, 2008 at 1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home