Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A Review of 2007's Goals

About a year ago today, I posted my goals for 2007. Here is what I wrote last year and how I did.

1) Read the New Testament through.
I got to the Thessalonians. I will finish this year.

2) Walk Lucy more. My Lucy is a delightful furry friend and she loves walking the neighborhood. Hannah walks her every day, but I want to walk her too. Good for me, good for Lucy.
Unsuccessful. But I did pick up my activity in other areas.

3) Eat 6-7 servings of fruit and vegetables a day. That's the daily recommended allowance and what my dietitian advises.
Successful. I have soooo improved in this department.

4) Lose a bajillion pounds. If I succeed you'll know because I'll be plastering pictures of myself all over the world wide web. Move over Babes, hear I come.
Hummm. Ok, so I was unsuccessful in this department too. However for the first year in several years, I held steady. For that matter I lost a two pounds, but I certainly didn't lose that bajillion. 2008 will be the year for that.

5) Do 10 more quilt squares. Lordy, that's depressing to write. Will I ever finish it? Slow and steady wins the race. Slow and steady wins the race. Chant with me please. Slow and steady wins the race.
I did two or three.

6) Send out 24 manuscripts.
>I sent 19.

7) Get Christmas cards out by December 1. So it's January 8 and some of my southern relatives haven't received my Christmas card. This makes me look like a loser and that isn't the look I desire. I mailed them on the 15th of December.
I mailed my cards on the 10th of December.

8) Give blood 4 times in 2007.
Successful.

9) Get my hair one length again. I admit it's not my best look, but it's the easiest. Hey, once I've lost a bajillion pounds, nobody's gonna be looking at the hair.
Successful. It doesn't look too great, but it's one length and just weeks away from being long enough to be in a pony tail, my low-maintenance doo of choice.

10) Find or create a yard manger scene.
Unfortunately I didn't find it in time for this Christmas, but I did find one and am having it built. I hope it is nice.

11) Have my mother-in-law to dinner at least twice a month.
The invitation was extended, but she thought that was too big of a commitment. But all in all, we didn't do too badly in this department. She'd rather have us over to her house, so that's pretty much the pattern for most Saturday evenings.

12) Give up Sudoku for Lent.
I gave it up for Lent and during that time lost my passion for it. Now I keep a puzzle book in the van and play only when I'm waiting for children.

13) Start buying 1% milk. (That's exciting, eh?)
It seems like I've always bought 1% milk, I hardly realized until I re-read these goals from a year ago that I've only been buying 1% for a year.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous mindi said...

i'm impressed, you accomplished several.

:) are you going to share some 2008 goals? i'm always inspired by others lists.

January 1, 2008 at 11:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You accomplished a lot of them. I need to write mine down. I always forget what mine are : ) Love ya Steph

January 2, 2008 at 7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am impressed too. You succeeded in several. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. But you ventured and you gained!

I only had 2. The same 2 I ALWAYS have. Lose weight and more commitment to my Bible. Well, I lost weight. YEA!!!!!!! 35 lbs. Need to lose 25 more. That is 2008 commitment. I fear the commitment to my Bible went backward in 2007. But 2008 will be different! by the enabling grace of my God. This is the BIG ONE!
I too, would like to see your 2008 list.
love you much
Mom

January 2, 2008 at 11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to see the list for 2008! Where do you keep your list? I'd make a list and not be able to find it at the end of the year. Can you give me ideas of how to do what you are doing?
Stacie

January 2, 2008 at 7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You certainly deserve a reward or two, 1- writing a list - 2-keeping up with it -3-for accomplishing so much!
Lawana

January 2, 2008 at 8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home