Monday, February 4, 2008

birth control

My girlfriend Emmy (who is the same age as me) is having tests run for spots on her liver. Somehow they suspect these spots are linked to long-time usage of birth control pills. While on a walk, Emmy and I were talking about this. Rachael was with us, quietly listening in but saying nothing. Emmy talked openly about how long she'd been on the pill. To Rachael this was nearly classified as talking dirty.

Rachael came home and quickly informed Hannah that Emmy takes birth control. Hannah was close to horrified. She came to me with her most confidential expression so I'd know my answer to her question was safe with her. "Don't you think that's kind of gross that Mrs. Emmy is on birth control pills?"

Looking as non-chalant as I know how, I asked her why it was gross. She responded, "They are soooo too old for that."

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous *mindi* said...

i love these little insights into what your girls believe about sex. it's really just so funny. :)

February 4, 2008 at 12:42 PM  
Blogger The Koala Bear Writer said...

That is a cute story... but it's also kinda sad because there are a bunch of side effects to the pill that aren't very commonly known. Long-term use of the pill can have a lot of implications on a woman's health.

February 7, 2008 at 4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home