Tuesday, February 5, 2008

a compliment

I had the most amazing day. My day was amazing because it began with an amazing compliment, quite possibly the most amazing compliment I've ever received. It was so amazing mostly because of whose mouth it came from.

On the way to school my sweet Rachael (who by the way is now my favorite child until the next child matches her compliment) out of the blue said "Man, I want to be a mom just like you. I want to make my kids laugh as hard as you make us laugh."

Isn't that very very special?

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Accidental Poet said...

That's PERFECT.

February 5, 2008 at 5:52 PM  
Anonymous *mindi* said...

i agree, a perfect compliment. :)

February 5, 2008 at 8:06 PM  
Blogger therimmers said...

How great is that...it's always the simple things isn't it!!

What great girls you have Val!!

February 5, 2008 at 8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very sweet compliment---and its true---you can make us laugh!

Steph

February 6, 2008 at 7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes indeed! You can make us ALL laugh. I miss you. You are SO MUCH FUN! Actually, all 4 of you are! (you and your siblings)
I am blest to be your mother. See....all generations appreciate you.
Mom

February 6, 2008 at 1:02 PM  
Blogger The Koala Bear Writer said...

That's awesome. Your girls are lucky to have such a great mom. :) I'm looking forward, in a few weeks when my baby is born, to finally getting the chance to "be a mom just like my mom."

February 7, 2008 at 4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home