Tuesday, February 12, 2008

fundamentalist's dating

As some of you know, my Arkansas family recently had a shin-dig for my sister-in-law's birthday. Mindi put together a lovely (so I hear) book of letters and memories for her mom. I know it must have been a wonderful evening.

Now I wasn't there for the festivities so everything I know is second-hand, so I may not have this story exactly right. You'll get the point though.

For my brother's contribution to Lawana's book, Mindi made a list of questions for him to answer regarding his and Lawana's courtship, marriage, etc... One question was about what their dates were like.

Michael responded with something akin to this: "Well I had to be home by 10:00 so that didn't leave a lot of time. And since we didn't believe in movies or dances, that didn't leave a whole lot of options. So we went parking." Knowing my hilarious brother, it was much more colorful.

(Mindi if my quote is severely inadequate, I'll rewrite this as soon as I'm corrected.)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous *mindi* said...

pretty close :)

his whole email was just hilarious and sweet all at once. he did say that "writing is the most exhausting thing for me to do", but you sure couldn't tell with the funny things he came up with.

February 12, 2008 at 10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home