Tuesday, March 18, 2008

the job

This morning Gordon has a meeting that coincides perfectly with taking the girls to school. So I have an extra hour at home. I thought I'd update you on my job. I work for an association. I didn't know until this job how associations across the board have so much in common. My work before life with Gordon was with an association. It was a Christian association, but the similarities between what I did there and what I'm doing now are really pretty amazing. I work for an organization that lobbies and provides supports to the food and beverage industry. Sounds kind of boring, eh? Nothing glamorous at all.

Things I love about my new job:
- The hours are phenomenal.
- I have a lot of freedom. If I need to run out and pick the kids up, I just tack 45 minutes work to the end of my day. I cannot believe how generous they've been with me in this department. They've repeatedly told me not to worry about these sorts of things. My boss phoned me a couple weeks ago to inquire how I needed to work spring break. She asked me if I wanted to modify my hours. I couldn't have asked for better support.
- I've been able to build in some good habits with my new job. Right after I set my stuff at my desk in the morning, I go to the back of the building and run the stairs a few times. I do it again before I leave in the afternoon and I do it when I go to the bathroom too. This reinforces my "Baby Steps Toward Change" focus for the year.
- I have a great kitchen at work and I have it stocked with healthy food. Not one ounce of junk.
- I am my own boss, sort of. I have a couple bosses but they work out of different offices. I'm trusted and I love being trusted. We correspond several times a day by email and I get tons of work from her.
- I couldn't have created a better job for myself. God was really looking out for me and I'm so thankful. This job has a wonderful balance of thinking and hands-on stuff plus opportunity to learn lots of things.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Jones said...

you go girl, the job sounds great! way to go on the weight loss stuff.

March 19, 2008 at 8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm proud of you. i know you are so good at it...

stacie

March 19, 2008 at 7:05 PM  
Anonymous *mindi* said...

it sounds so wonderful! congratulations on all the fun good things going on right now :)

March 21, 2008 at 12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home