Sunday, March 2, 2008

not your ordinary lazy Saturday



We're tired. Very very tired. As you know, I've started this new job and some days, especially the days where someone in the fam has after school activities, it's hard squeezing in a good family meal.

Well, my worries are over - at least for 4 or 5 weeks. I made 14 meals today. My beloved husband chopped, diced, and minced vegetables and meat. I would have hated this day without his help. But help he did. It was enjoyable since I wasn't doing it alone. At the end of the day, we were very very tired. We went to Gordon's mom's in the evening and after ice cream and cookies, lots of both, I fell asleep on the sofa.

Here's what we made:

Baked Jambalaya
Beef Goulash
Taco Soup
Hearty Hamburger-Tomato Stew
Rainy Day Chicken with Rice
Denise's Black Beans with Sausage
Winter Pot Roast
Ham-and-Swiss Pastry Bake
Chicken Chili
Taco Pie
Slow Cooker Beef Goulash
Green Chile Enchiladas
Rosie's Meat Loaf
Deborah's Sweet-and-Sour Chicken.












Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous *mindi* said...

oh wow! what a productive day!! gordon's a good man to help you cook all day on a Saturday ;)

March 2, 2008 at 5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have I mentioned how awesome you are!!! All those meals sound so good. Hopefully I'll learn how to do this. Before Ro was born I wante dto make some dishes so I wouldn't have to cook after I got home. You know what was in my freezer when we came home---- a frozen lasagna from Walmart. I'll be more like you.....someday ....i hope. Love you. Steph

March 2, 2008 at 7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what a perfect day for me would be? Being in your kitchen Steph helping you make meals for a month. :-) Someday we'll do that. Mom

March 2, 2008 at 9:12 PM  
Blogger Jones said...

Looks great! You go Gordon, what a great guy. I'd like to hear more about the new job...details! Your blog is always a pleasure to read.

March 2, 2008 at 9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home