Sunday, March 30, 2008

president hillary??

You've not heard me say squat about the US Presidential election. But alas the time has come.

A few years ago after Hillary's book It Takes A Village I sort of started hating her. I couldn't stand how she seemed to want to bring the government into my house to help me raise my babies. No thank you. But during this campaign my respect for her has grown. I don't get to watch much news, but I read a lot and I read some good excepts from her speeches. I love her fiscal ideals and I think the GOP's would do well to take a crash course from her. Anyway I gave her lots and lots of grace.

However she's kind of been annoying me the past few weeks. Has anyone else noticed how she's blamed sleep deprivation for her and Bill's missteps? When Bill got all bent out of shape a few months ago and she had to reign him in, she blamed his behavior on sleep deprivation. When she screwed up and said some sillies in her debate with Edwards and Obama, it was because she was sleep deprived. And then this week when she talked about the sniper fire she and Chelsea were under in Bosnia in '96, that lie - must have been a lie, none of her travelling partners remembered sniper fire - was because of sleep deprivation. I've decided someone prone to sleep deprivation induced bad decisions should stay out of sleep depriving occupations. Wouldn't the president of the US be one of those occupations?

I really like her fiscal ideas and her health care ideas, but when push comes to shove, I just don't trust her.

2 Comments:

Blogger Willena said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog, Valerie. :-) My boys all have Bible names... James, Andrew, Timothy, Nathaniel... but my girls don't... Irene, Raewyn, Vicki. They all have special meanings, though. I like Vicki's best. Vicki Aileen... Victorious Lightbearer.

April 2, 2008 at 4:33 PM  
Blogger Willena said...

Oh... I forgot to say, we are not right in Edmonton. We lived there for quite a few years, near Southgate and later in Evergreen Mobile Home Park. We moved to Vimy, north of Morinville in 1997, and then five years ago we moved to an acreage between Westlock and Barrhead. So we are northwest too, but an hour out. My husband commutes every day, though... he works near WEM.

April 2, 2008 at 4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home