Tuesday, June 24, 2008

dragon boating

Most people don't know much about dragon boating. I found this video and wanted to share it. The producers of the video lie the whole way through it, saying hilarious things like, all it takes is water to do it. That's a load of crock, let me assure you. Anyone watching the video can see it's not easy.

I'm getting better at it, but it's very hard. It doesn't get easier. The coach keeps bumping up the intensity. Some nights I think I'm going to die before it's over. Last night was one of those nights.

I compete in my first festival (tournament) next weekend. Two days of racing. I'm anxious. Watch this and see why.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so amazing and I love all the details of the progress.

June 25, 2008 at 8:45 AM  
Blogger Jeri said...

Dang! I wanted to watch this! You know the problem I told you about in watching videos. Well, I guess I am going to have to get Loretta over just to fix that. I just could not keep it moving, try as I did!
I am proud of you anyway, tho! I Do know it is WORK! Big Time WORK!
You are a winner. Hope your team wins in the competition.
Love you

June 25, 2008 at 10:14 AM  
Anonymous *mindi* said...

oh wow, that looks amazing.

i do like how the video kept stressing that it was "fun" and "easy for beginners".

nothing about that looks fun or easy. well, the drummer guy looks kind of fun.

are you glad that you did this? i think you are awesome.

July 2, 2008 at 2:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home