Sunday, July 27, 2008

Good Night Mom

Gordon has gone to Calgary for the weekend. Last night Rachael slept with me. We were at odds over something. She spouted, "I think you're being harsh." (I love it when she says that. I feel like I've been a good mom, makes me think I've trained her well or something like that.) Anyway, I told her we'd talk more about it in the morning. I kissed her, said goodnight and "I love you" and she responded with "Good Night Mom." I repeated, "I love you" and she repeated, "Good Night Mom."

She knew exactly what I was thinking, I could tell by her little smirk. Like any well-adjusted mother would, I said, "You're gonna feel real bad if I die in my sleep."

To that she responded, "I love you Mom."

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Debbie T said...

oh too funny - i'm a well adjusted mother too. once when katie said something mean to me i told her that if i died before she told me she was sorry - to know that i loved her and knew she loved me too... deb

July 27, 2008 at 6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha, too cute -not only a good mom - but pretty smart, too!
Lawana

July 29, 2008 at 9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home