Sunday, July 6, 2008

We're Home


I hope you remembered we went on holidays. We just returned and I'll be telling you all about it, (and showing a video of course) early in the week. However there is one tidbit of news I simply couldn't wait to tell. Are you ready for it?

WAHINE KEI WAKA WON GOLD in this weekend's festival in Lethbridge Alberta. We were amazing.

This picture is us crossing the finish line. There were 5 teams that made it to finals. We were enough ahead of 3 of them that they didn't even get in this picture. Finishing time, 2:30.10 (500 meters).

Woooooohooooo.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous *mindi* said...

congratulations! how exciting!

did you get a prize? (other than bragging rights, of course)

will you do this again next year?

July 7, 2008 at 4:28 PM  
Blogger Valerie Dykstra said...

I left with a "gold" medal around my neck. If I'm still in Edmonton next year, I'll definitely do it again.

July 7, 2008 at 4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome!!!!I'm super proud of you.

I'm going to post pictures of Roman's birthday. I'm just waiting on getting some of Nancy's pictures. She got some super cute ones!!! 3 more weeks til we get there. i'm super excited.

Love you
Steph

July 8, 2008 at 7:15 PM  
Anonymous xanga.com/lwanna said...

Hey Congrats! I guess you could bring dragon boating to the South! Ha,ha - But seriously Glad you won the Gold
Lawana

July 12, 2008 at 8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home