Tuesday, August 19, 2008

a darling husband


My darling Gordon is home from Mexico. It is so good to have him back. It was a good experience for both of us. He thoroughly enjoyed his trip. As he told me snippets, I was amused at how fatherly his take on things were. We have so grown up. (Do you realize Gordon and I are too old to join the police force or the military? We're even too old for the Young Adults' Sunday School Class. This may be no surprise to you, but I'm still shocked every time I realize it anew.)

His trip was good for me too. I depend on my good man for so many things. I repeatedly needed to bounce stuff off him and he wasn't around. X-kid is being a smart ass. How do you think I should handle it? I got a kick in the stomach at work and wanted to cry on his shoulder, he wasn't around. The van pulled some funky behaviours, the back gate broke, the toilet plugged. (I got married partially so I'd never have to unplug a toilet again. Yuk!) But my better half wasn't around to depend on. However, more than missing what he could do for me, I just missed him - who he is, his friendship, his love, his support, his hugs and touch.

I was supposed to pick him up around midnight at the church when he returned. Instead I went to the airport to surprise him. I think we both were surprised by our reactions when we saw each other. We ran to each other and hugged like we'd not seen each other in months. It was so good to see him. He had on a goofy black gorilla t-shirt from the San Diego Zoo. He was proud to show me his new Governator (Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger) t-shirt too. I cringed, but thought he's completely lovable with his strange compulsions. (One of Gordon's team-mates says Gordon is the king of dorky t-shirts. Since his Governator t-shirt purchase, I'm inclined to agree.)

Even after three days at home, I still can't wait to hug him when he comes home. On Mondays I see him when he gets home for about two minutes before I leave for dragon boating. He still smells good even after being at work for eight hours. In the boat I got the occasional whiff of his cologne from our hug before I left. I smiled when I got that sniff, just being reminded that he's home, back in my daily life.

It'll wear off soon enough, but right now we're acting like rabbits. We'll be back to acting our age soon, but for now, it's just wildly great to see him everyday.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Honey, that's very sweet. I love you - meet you in the hutch?

-Gordo

August 19, 2008 at 6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's the hutch? Glad he's back too!

stacie

August 20, 2008 at 2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think a hutch is where rabbits go to make out.

August 20, 2008 at 4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home