Saturday, August 9, 2008

Gordon is in Mexico

As I said earlier, my good man Gordon is in Mexico. He is helping build an orphanage. For a few years he and I have hoped for a time when we, as a family, could go to Mexico for missions. This was the year we were going to do it. Late last year someone counselled us not to do it. "It's 120 degrees where we're going and it would make Deborah terribly ill." We took the counsel and decided only Gordon would go. It's been 95-105 degrees. Hot, yes, but certainly not 120.


It's all worked out well. Gordon is working really really hard and hearing him talk about the hard work makes me really happy I'm here. :-) I'm glad Gordon has this time. He's been gone nearly a week and still has a week to go. But he is having a good time. "It's hard but it's good," he says. We communicate by email and both of us are wishing we'd had the email outlet when we were in our lightning-fast-long-distance courtship. We would have known each other so much better when we got married had we had email. Then too, we may not have married at all had we known each other.

I miss him a lot. He is a wonderful person. A much better man than I deserve. I'm thankful, really really, I am very grateful. I'm hoping he'll have time to read this and see some pictures taken while he's been away. I know he's missing the family, especially the girls.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the girls are so beautiful! I miss them all. And, that baby is too much...I adore the feet.

Aunt Stacie

August 11, 2008 at 11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Stacie. I too think the girls are beautiful and that Romie Boy is too much. I am very thankful for them all. I love you Sister. v

August 11, 2008 at 12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Honey! I tried to look at this on Wednesday but the wireless internet was down where we were. No that I have a few minutes on line, I must say thanks for those beautiful pictures. I have such a beautiful family, such lovely daughters, such a loving wife... It will be great to be back. I really do miss you all - even Lucy looks okay :-) Thanks so much for the pictures.

Love, Gordon xoxo

August 15, 2008 at 11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home