Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thursday Thirteen

It's been a while since I posted a Thursday 13. Today is Thursday and I think I can think of 13 things that are going on around here.

1) Today the girls went back to school. That was/is exciting.

2) Gordon just got back from Montreal. He was there nearly 20 years ago. He LOVES Montreal and his pictures are beautiful.

3) He brought me back two sets of rosary beads from Notre Dame Cathedral. One set was made in Jerusalem. Now I have three sets; one at the office, one in the car, and the most used one is on my nightstand. He couldn't have brought me anything better.

4) I think more protestants should use rosary beads. They are wonderful at keeping me focused when I pray.

5) For all practical purposes my dragon boat season has ended. It's been a wonderful (though often painful) experience. Lord willing, I'll do it every summer.

6) Beginning Monday, I'll be in a month long (3 times a week @ 5:00am) fitness boot camp. That should provide lots of blogging fodder. :-)

7) In case you've forgotten, 2008 goal focus was physical fitness. I'm doing quite well in the department.

8) It's been cool this week and I'm sad to see summer slipping away.

9) It's been a great summer, but it didn't seem long enough.

10) I had lots of wonderful times this summer, but the highlight was Stephanie and Roman's visit.

11) I play "Where's Roman?" all the time in my head and imagine him tapping his head. I miss him so much. He's on my screen saver, so I see him lots everyday.

12) Tonight to commemorate the cool weather I'm making cream of broccoli soup. Oh that sounds so good.

13) Kids How-To books are the ticket on learning something that baffles me. I've been toying with building a website and been totally overwhelmed,confused, and way out of my league. However today I picked up How-To Build Cool Web Pages by a kid for kids and you know what, I'm getting it.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Thank you for visiting my blog! I was reading through some back posts of yours and found something here that caught my eye. You mentioned that you thought more protestants should use rosary beads for prayer. I have often thought the same thing but I've never heard anyone else say it. I don't have a rosary but have often thought of making my own. I was thinking of different colors for different people or something like that. I'm just glad I'm not alone in thinking this would be a good idea.

September 24, 2008 at 12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home