Thursday, August 7, 2008

Visitor 1, Stephanie


As some of you know, I have a couple visitors this week: Stephanie and Roman are here and both are charming my socks off.

Stephanie is beautiful, funny, and loving. Yesterday she took Rachael and Hannah to West Edmonton Mall for fun and shopping. The day before that she took Deborah to the mall and bought her two blouses and a pair of shoes. Deborah was so blessed. When one of my kids is blessed (Deborah), I am blessed. When one of my kids is a blessing (Stephanie), I am blessed. Last night after I went to bed, Stephanie, Rachael and Hannah stayed up and played SCRABBLE and made cookies. (Deborah is at camp). I am so happy they have this time.

Speaking of blessings, the biggest blessing is seeing Stephanie at mothering. She is a wonderfully patient, loving, nurturing, committed mommy and little Roman adores her.

Today I read this question: If you could get a message across to a large group of people, what would your message be? I knew immediately what my message would be. First I would say, Stay married. Divorce isn't the answer. Secondly I'd say to moms, Stay home with your babies, nurturing them and being their everything.

Watching Stephanie, I'm so glad, so thankful with every cell in me that Stephanie is that kind of mommy. I am so so proud of her and John Mark for their parenting.

I've enjoyed Stephanie this week. I learn new stuff about her all the time. She makes me laugh, makes me smile, makes me wonder, makes me glad. I'd love to live in the same town and be closer to her, sowing good things into her life, being available to be "Mom" up close and personal day in and day out.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home