Tuesday, September 30, 2008

churchy chuckle

Several years ago during the singing portion of church a lady near the back started wailing. Wailing loudly. Her sorrowful moans and groans permeated the sanctuary.

The young music minister had a deer-in-the-headlight stare. Clearly he didn't know what to do with the emotional outburst that interrupted the music.

After a few awkward moments of this lady's bellowing dominating the air, the minister spoke. "Let's take a few minutes to pray. I sense in my spirit that there is someone here in pain."

As per usual I nearly lost composure. I whispered to Gordon, "You reckon?". He never appreciates my comments at moments like these.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jones said...

ok, i don't think i could ever sit beside you in church, i'm sure i'd pee my pants! and THEN what would you say? LOL!

September 30, 2008 at 1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home