Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Thanksgiving 11 - 13

I’m in the third week of boot camp, counting the days till it’s over and till I can be just a regular girl going to a regular gym at a regular time of day. This 5:00am business is really hard. I’m quite tired these days. All that to explain why I’ve not been posting my thanks as often I’d like. But I think about them lots and I’m going to make up for my lack of posts right now. God is good to me and I have many many things that I’m thankful for and that give me joy day in and day out.

11. I’m very thankful for my job. I couldn’t have found a better job had I tried. The hours are superb for me, the location is superb, my office is superb, what I do is ok. Sometimes I think my employer can’t justify my position and fear the position will be terminated. I hope not but I don’t take it for granted.

12. Boot camp is almost over -- I count the mornings every day. Hang on till next Friday Val. Hang on. My friend Elaine is doing this with me and I’m thankful for that too. It makes it easier knowing she’s expecting me to pick her up at 5:15. I’m tired, but it’s a good kind of tired. The desire to do this is a God thing and I know it. For several years I’ve prayed that God would change me from the inside out; that He’d change my desires and make me want to exercise. I’m incredibly grateful that He has answered that prayer.

13. I’m very thankful for the quiet time that is built into my day every work day. After dropping the girls off at school, I have one hour before I start work. I go to a park down the road from Debs’ school and that is my prayer and Bible reading time. It works perfectly for me. That part of my day is another reason I love my job as different work hours wouldn’t work so well for this element of my day.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home