Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Thanksgiving 7

I had a lovely visit with Stephie Pooh last night. I love to hear her stories of Roman's growth and development and always find a bit of cuteness in her stories of his mischief. Being a grandma sure is different than being the mother.

She told me things she's learning and I was pleased to hear of her own growth and maturity as a little homemaker, wife and mother. Why do those things please me so? It's all delightful to hear about. It's like a refreshing glass of iced tea on a hot summer day. Smile...

Romie Boy throws fits now. Who'd thunk it? He's a mere mortal with a sinful nature. As she and John Mark struggle through how to train him in a Godly path, I am thankful that I know everything will be OK. They are going to hit and miss the mark so many times just like the rest of us, and yet because of the grace of God, Roman is going to be OK. He's going to be a normal little boy but he already knows how very special he is and how loved he is. Could I ask for more?

Roman has thrown a few fits and the times where Stephanie "got firm" with him only served to make him angry. She told me of one little fit where she felt like God gave her wisdom. When he started his one-year-old anger bit, she remembered the verse, "A soft answer turns away wrath." She got down on his level and softly chastised him. Amazingly it worked.

Isn't God good to give little snippets of wisdom to us struggling moms? He did it for my mom, for me, and now he's doing it for Stephanie. I'm thankful.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous *mindi* said...

very sweet :)

i'm sending my kids to Stephanie. ;)

October 16, 2008 at 8:21 PM  
Anonymous Jaclyn said...

I love this entry. Steph is a terrific mom.. I have a lot to learn from her.

October 17, 2008 at 4:03 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

Love you mom

October 20, 2008 at 4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home