Sunday, November 23, 2008

New House and Thanksgivings

Thanksgiving 36) This is really quite small, but kind of cool. I'm thankful for my new address. I won't tell you here what my new address is, but you have to trust me, it's such a pretty address. I'm glad it's not just a bunch of numbers like my old address. This address has a little character. I'm glad.

37) We moved from the city to a bedroom community. It's a short trip to Edmonton but I've been surprised by the "feeling" of being out of the city. It's more pleasant than I realized, more noticable than I expected. I love the feeling of small community. 75,000 population seems small and cozy and running to the store is so simple. These are feelings I didn't expect and have been quite nice to experience.

Now some house pictures. I hope you like our new digs.

Notice my entrance with a door. Only a Canadian would know how nice this is in the flying snow.
A nice little living room. I didn't capture the dining area which is around the corner.
Where my toothbrush is safe...
Our bedroom.
It's a small kitchen, but I'm finding I function pretty well in it.


The family room, my favorite room.
Where I blog...
To the bedrooms...
A little honor to the native land...

Now what I've not shown are Gordon's little office/workroom, my laundry room/sewing room, the kids' rooms, and the backyard. Someday I'll post those too.

I'm thankful for the new house, how close we are to the girls schools, our nice neighborhood and being close to the church. I'm having fun nesting.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

Love it and the colors look very good. I wish I could see it im person. It looks very good

November 23, 2008 at 9:39 PM  
Blogger Jones said...

it looks very nice and homey...way to go.

November 24, 2008 at 7:59 PM  
Anonymous *mindi* said...

oh how wonderful! love the wall colors :)
congratulations!

November 24, 2008 at 10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you and thank you. xoxo v

November 25, 2008 at 9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome House!!!
Chris

December 26, 2008 at 5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home