Thursday, December 18, 2008

bob carlisle

Do you remember the song "Butterfly Kisses?" It's a snappy little ditty (NOT) about a dad and his little girl growing up. It was an instant success in the 90's and went straight to the top of the charts on several billboards.

I can not hear that song without smiling.

After Bob's rise to fame I heard a most funny testimony from him. In the testimony he tried valiantly to be humble but fell terribly short. Of course I can't quote him exactly but it went something like this.

"When people tell me they have nothing to give, I say 'Hey man, if God can use me he can use anybody. Who am I? I'm just a guy. (Insert humble pause here). I'm just a songwriter, producer, recorder of a number 1 hit, 1998's hit recording artist with more that ???? record sales.'"

Is that as funny to you as it is to me? {Smiles}

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very funny. I wonder if he realized the irony of his humble statement?
Stacie

December 21, 2008 at 2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home