Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Chickpea Soup and Gordon

Tonight we had vegetable soup for the third night. Yes I know, that's kind of boring. However the soup changes from night to night. We eat it down and then I think, hey I could alter this into a different soup by adding corn, or peas, or broccoli... You get the idea? (And by the way, the soup has been good every night and different enough every night that no one has complained. But three nights is stretching it so I knew we had to finish it off.)

Tonight I didn't quite have enough left for a full meal but I needed to get rid of it. So to make it stretch I added chickpeas.

As we ate, I asked Gordon if he liked the soup and he said, "Well I'm getting kind of ready for some protein."

I pointed out that the chickpeas are loaded with protein and there were lots of them in the new soup.

He replied, "No kidding, there are enough chickpeas in here to blow up the Empire State building."

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i find my self doing this from pot roast to stew - to soup...
But i do have to stay away from explosives...:0
Lawana

January 11, 2009 at 8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home