Wednesday, January 7, 2009

dancing

In P.E. these days Rachael and Hannah are learning dance. Rachael really enjoys it and her class put on a very good production a couple weeks ago. Now they are working on another performance and she loves to practice.

I have to admit I still have residual feelings from my childhood. I don't think dancing is necessarily wrong, but it isn't a pursuit I encourage. I'm well aware this stems from my childhood brainwashing.

Yesterday Rachael was showing me one of her new spins. Since I'm mildly uncomfortable with the enthusiasm she has with dancing I said, "You know what? When I was your age the good kids never went to dances. They were just for the bad kids."

Amazed, she responded, "You mean the only kids that went to dances were the druggies and gangsters?"

I replied, "No actually I mean only the Catholics and Methodists."

+++++++

For a smile read what my brother says about dancing and here too.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous *mindi* said...

that's hilarious :)

I remember thinking the Methodists had it easy b/c they got to do EVERYTHING. :)

January 8, 2009 at 8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home