Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Embracing Winter

A neighbour's yard.

The snow keeps coming. And coming. Thankfully my efforts to "embrace winter" are working. I look at the snow and gray sky with mature neutrality. The real test will come in February when I've had it with winter.

On warmer days I've enjoyed getting out and embracing winter through photography. I'm not a photographer by any stretch but I'm hoping to improve lots in 2009. The most practical way I can think to embrace this season is through finding beauty in it and photography forces me to look for the beauty. It's been a delightful exercise and I think it's really working. These are some of my photographs from this week.


Our backyard.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous *mindi* said...

i love those trees :)

January 16, 2009 at 9:19 AM  
Blogger Miss Sandy said...

Thank you for stopping by for a visit and for your sweet comment! It looks like a winter wonderland in your photos. Beautiful!

I'd love to be turned loose in your sewing room and decorate until my hearts content BUT Canada is a pretty far hike from where I live ;c)

Blessings on an uplifted spirit during the long winter days!

January 17, 2009 at 6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home