Wednesday, January 14, 2009

what makes you smile?


“If you smile when no one else is around, you really mean it.” - Andy Rooney

I read this little doozy this morning on the bridgemaker I like it. I smile when no one is around quite a lot so this quote made me feel good.

I thought of people who smile when no one is looking. I thought of my friend Debbie Tannehill who smiles and laughs lots, even when she's not feeling well. I thought of my mom, who smiles when she sees preschoolers and cute dogs. I thought of all my sibs who smile and laugh when they remember funny things. Smiling and laughing when no one is around is a really cool thing.

You know that saying, "Smile! It increases your face value"? There's truth in that. One of my aspirations is to smile when I'm out it public even if I'm just smiling for the sake of smiling. First, smiling people look nicer. Secondly, I'm pretty sure smiling is a de-stresser. Thirdly, it spreads goodwill and that leads to others smiling. Fourth, generally people are nice to me and I think it has something to do with my smiling at them. (Then too, maybe I'm full of it.)

I smile when:

I see something cute, bumper sticker, t-shirt,...
I see that puppy from the next door office.
I think of something romantic or loving that Gordon does.
I hear Deborah playing the piano.
I hear Hannah playing with pets.
The girls are being kind and/or playing together.
I think of Romie Boy.

Makes me wonder what makes other people smile. What makes you smile?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Shelly said...

Snow would make me smile IF I EVER SAW ANY!!!! Okay, sorry I sounded angry-I'm over it (but loved your snowy pics!)
Abby makes me smile when she gets all cozy and laughs every night when she gets into bed.
My cat when she's on her back with her legs sticking up.
Bob when he gets home from work.
Ben sleeping in his big bed because he looks so small and cute (don't tell him I said that!)
Catching up with old friends-esp. you!

January 17, 2009 at 9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too love your winter pictures - i absolutely love a snowy landscape.. I smile when i hear my grand childrens voices - when my kids call - when my mother in law is trying to tell a funny - when Curt is telling some witty tale - watching Michael crack himself up! (and sometimes when i break wind) ;)
Lawana

January 17, 2009 at 10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home